Thursday, January 16, 2014

Looking back at the past, at the memories.

Memories in our hearts stab us like a knife. Part of us wishes they would go away but part of us doesn't want to forget.

There were days when I used to sit down and just think of the past, of the days that are no more. I sit back and I look through a memory book. A book that brought back both happy & sad moments to mind. When I look at my old pictures, all I can see is what I used to be but am no longer. I think: What I can see is what I am not. I feel like I'm in a world full of childhood memories and everything around me is constantly changing with the fear in me that I'll forget the the moments that took my breath away. Moments that go by so very fast and sometimes before we even realize it, they're gone forever.

Some memories bring back the sense of joy to our life. They remind us of how good things used to be. How happy life can be. But you see, moments such as these pass us by in a blink of an eye. And at the other side, some memories bring tears to our eyes. They remind us of the pain we felt deep in our chest, the people we have lost and the mistakes we have done.

 A photograph is the pause button of life.

The truth is there's one thing I learned in life. It goes on with or without you.


No comments:

Post a Comment